Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jason Statham Wants to Work With Martin Scorsese & Christopher Nolan

Image via The Guardian.
How do you rate it?

Who can blame him?

Jason Statham continues his whining about being typecast in action flicks, instead of being offered deeper stories. The Expendables star says that the idea of him playing darker characters is becoming more and more appealing now. "I've been hungry for something like this for some time, where I can show more emotion," the actor said. Poor Jason! I genuinely sympathize him and think that he would be great at it. The British actor expressed his interest in working with such directors as Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan.
"
"There's a ton of people I want to work with. Scorsese, Chris Nolan, all these people who make good movies would fit the list. But things like that don't come my way."
[...]
"I make a lot of films that don't have much depth to them - they're more like popcorn movies. I've been hungry for something like this for some time, where I can show more emotion. So when this came my way, I jumped up and down."
"This is not a stunt extravaganza, believe me. It's a really sweet story about a man who shares a dark secret with someone completely different."
"

It seems to me that Jason is on the right path to making his dream come true. His latest movie Hummingbird [alt.: Redemption] might be one of his most dramatic ones yet.

FROM AROUND THE WEB: