Saturday, March 16, 2013

Zachary Levi Hopes for "Chuck" Film Adaptation

Image via Deviant Art.

The star of the completed series Chuck, Zachary Levi, gave his congrats to Kristen Bell via Twitter about Warners Bros.' decision to support a Veronica Mars movie. Kristen Bell played the lead character in that series, for those of you who didn't know.

Then Levi posted another tweet, which teased about a possible film adaptation of Chuck - the series that started his career.




Zachary Levi has tried to make Chuck: The Movie happen before.
"
While there are no firm plans for a Chuck film right now, Levi feels hopeful. “All I can say at this point is that because Veronica Mars, like Chuck, is a Warner Bros. [production], and because Warner Bros. has now opened that gate, I feel confident in being able to get the same results for a Chuck movie,” he says, adding that he could imagine them using avenues other than Kickstarter for fund-raising. “If Warner Bros. is game, I’ve got great ideas for what the movie would be that I’m very excited about.” 
Really, for Levi, it all comes down to the fans. “It really is just a matter of having faith in audiences and working kind of symbiotically with them,” he says. “That’s the biggest thing I’ve tried to do since day 1 in my career with Chuck and The Nerd Machine and everything else. I just want people to know that we care and that they matter. I want to make content that they like, and if that means a Chuck movie, then great.” 
Over the years, Levi and his cast members have talked about what a Chuck movie might look like. “I talked to Yvonne [Strahovski] maybe a month ago and said, ‘If I can get this movie made, would you be open to doing [it]? Even an online version of it?’ And she was totally game. So I know that I’ve got the cast and crew on board.” 
Convincing a studio to make a movie is a whole other matter, but Levi feels encouraged by the bold step by both Warner Bros. and Thomas/Bell. “Field of Dreams it,” says Levi. “If you build it, they will come. You’ve got to believe that if you have something good, people will believe in it.”
"
[via EW

QUIZ!

<a href="http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/chuck-the-movie-yay-or-nay/question-3584701/" title=""Chuck" The Movie. Yay or Nay?">"Chuck" The Movie. Yay or Nay?</a>

FROM AROUND THE WEB: